Wednesday, January 19, 2011

South Florida Museum

Today I went to the South Florida Museum with my friend and classmate Casey. We had previously bought year student memberships so that we could see all the different exhibitions and planetarium shows.

When we first arrived today, the elderly woman at the front desk let us know that they were currently feeding Snooty, their resident Manatee. We walked over to the aquarium were a young man was feeding three manatees lettuce and reciting facts to the small crowd.

Did you know? Manatees are closest related to the elephant, and they are native to Florida.

We left early and made our way to the planetarium. The show we saw today was called “The Ultimate Universe.” It was amazing! The woman narrating had such a soothing voice I almost closed my eyes a few times. Most of what she was saying was very technical and went over my head, but the visuals were nothing short of astounding. The gigantic screen overhead made me feel like I was literally floating through galaxies and nebulas of brilliant color. It was only a half hour long, but I can’t wait for the next show!


No comments:

Post a Comment