Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Farmers Market

I went to the farmers market this morning. Now that we are in season and the snowbirds have finally all flocked to Sarasota, they market has been PACKED as of late. The beautiful weather also adds to this. I started at Whole Foods and bought a few things there. Then I made my way to the far end of the Market. On the way I saw big dogs, little dogs, children, young people, old people, poor people, rich people, and a couple of musicians on the side of the road playing for money. There are so many things to buy at the Farmer’s Market downtown; produce, plants and flowers, breads, cheese, meat, seafood, and all other kinds of products. Today I just bought my usual vegetables, but sometimes I buy local honey or banana chips. Yum! Unfortunately, none of my friends could join me like they usually do at the Farmers Market on account of homework, but I was still just as pleasant by myself. I brought along my iPod to listen to some Baroque music that I needed to learn for one of my classes. It was all very romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment